Tinas Little Corner

5 August 2008

Can you grow a lemon tree from a pip ?

Today I'm posting photos of my lemon pips / pits or seeds which ever you prefer to call them.
I started these from a shop lemon and was so pleased with myself at how well they took, that I then brought a second lemon.

My way of thinking, is, if it works go for it. There you go, that's how i tick.

I removed the pips and washed and dried them. At the pointed end of the seed with a small blade or your finger nail. Peel the outer case or skin off the pip. I then took two sheets of kitchen roll which was folded in half and half again, and then again so i ended up with a long thick piece about 1'' wide, I then dampened the kitchen roll under the tap and lightly squeezed the excess water off. Place all the seeds on the damp kitchen roll, then fold into a package and put in a plastic sandwich type bag. Leave on top of the fridge (nice and warm)

I checked every few days, well every day actually I could not resist peeking anyway they took no more than ten days to shoot.

Chris (hubby) is currently surrounded by tiny flower pots with lemon plants.

Labels: