Tinas Little Corner

20 June 2009

Container strawberries

Container strawberry
Container strawberries
Container strawberries

Update Container strawberries.

I purchases these six plants from B & Q for £5.98 Strawberry Elsanta.
Peat approx £4.00

Since the previous post about this container, i've removed some of the leaves to allow the sun to ripen the strawberries and pushed the runners under the soil for new plants.

Not only have Chris and I eaten these with cream, Clodagh and I helping ourselves, to a couple most days, taking into consideration the cost of the peat and plants and the fact I should be able to have fruit from these for three to four years with runners providing me more plants, the taste and convenience of picking your own the investment spent will be worth the effort.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home