Tinas Little Corner

22 June 2009

Red and white onions

white onions white onions
white onions white onions
Red and white onions
Planted 7 th October 2008. Taylor onion sets.

A few of the onions had gone brown at the tops were bending over and have been for a while. I had a go at pulling one, then next thing I knew I had pulled the whole lot of the white onions.

I read you can wait for the stems to go yellow then push over and leave the onions in the ground for a week or two, but then I have also read this could harbour disease.

I am going to leave these dry out for a week, weather permitting if the weather changes I will move the onions into the shed.
Later today when Clodagh comes we can pull the red onions.
Click on red and white onions photo link to see the sets that were used.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • loved the onions sis they look tastey to me
    wish I was there to help (eat them up ) U are so clever darling sis
    theresa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 23/6/09  

  • Not clever haha I just planted and crossed my fingers and waited. They took ages.

    By Blogger Tina, At 23/6/09  

  • Theresa did you see Carina and Clodagh with the strawberries. Nice photo.

    By Blogger Tina, At 23/6/09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home