Tinas Little Corner

22 September 2011

THE GREAT AMERICAN ARAN AFGHAN



 





I've neglected blogging due to other projects taking priority.

My latest project is The great American Aran afghan.

I'm knitting two blankets, one using cream + cream with a fleck, the other blanket I am using brown, olive green, beige and slightly darker beige brown.
One blanket is for Kim as she liked the blanket and I offered to do her one at the same time. I dont know if I have taken on a challenge that I did not really think through properly hahhah.
The first block I started was the jumper block, I adjusted the sleeve length on the beige one as I felt the sleeves could have been a couple rows shorter. The sleeves caused me slight problems with reversing pattern although others probably take in their stride. I am debating whether to knit a jumper in the olive green replacing the one knit to go on beige square. I'll see how I feel when I get further along.
The second block I do like, it was Designed by Hanna Burns I got off to a few bad starts and had to rip back half a square.
I will start third block either later this evening or tomorrow. I am going to using olive green for Kims next block. I am loath to stop the project, I feel it is they type of project you stop it would be a chore to get back into. I like a challenge the challenge being to stick with it. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home