Tinas Little Corner

6 August 2008

Courgettes

I started some courgette seeds earlier in the year, bingo no problem. I had planted six in pots to see how they went, at the same time I planted some mange tout.

Two courgettes got eaten by slugs in pots in the garden, I gave Paul, my son two and pictures have been posted of the two that were planted.

I now have a little problem, I do not do the cooking in this family, not totally by choice I hasten to add but over the years it has come to be this way and it suits me and Chris.

Cooking is Chris's domain he enjoys it and i will admit he is better, more organised and less stressed than I am. It works for both of us.

The problem is, although Chris is a great cook, vegetables are not his thing. He does a great roast dinner, Roast beef, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes and occassionally roast parsnips always peas and gravy.

so now i have this new interest and will need to cook the darn things as I did not realise how many you get from just the one plant.

I am going to try and get Chris to add recipes. Any ideas or tips on how to use these up welcome. I have made some courgette soup which is now in the freezer.

Labels: