Tinas Little Corner

7 August 2008

Mange tout

mange toutContainer vegetable garden
I started the mange tout seeds at the same time as the courgettes. I started them indoors. I planted six in each box.

The beans taste fine, I am not sure if the leaves are meant to have white patches but I am quite pleased with the result. Next year, i will plant beans in the ground, rather than the boxes but use the same type of support.

In the boxes, I do not think the canes are deep enough and they wobbled about in the wind. If you can see, the box on the right has only three beans in. as the first six got eaten by slugs. I started another three later. Next year i will do a few more to freeze.

For a newbie i am quite proud of these.

I need a field.!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home