Tinas Little Corner

9 November 2009

Archirondel Tower.

Archirondel
Archirondel Tower.

A group of us stayed here for a week with a youth club when I was a child.
The girls slept on the ground floor and the boys on the floor above that would be roughly 1973-74 ish

The youth club leader had a sailing boat which was used during the day.
I remember we would wade in from the shore in the morning with nets catching prawns. And then them, being a lovely bright pink once we had cooked them.

sunrise

Digs, once again placing himself right where I did not particularly want him.

I had intended to find a landmark or subject to the front of the sunrise, unfortunately I didn't see one and as Digby ran in to make himself the subject .......... I took the photo. I think he is going to become my signature.


Sunrise

I drove here at six in the morning. It is no further than 10 - 15 mins from my house.

I was hoping for a great sunrise as the morning before, I noticed the sky was a fantastic red as I looked out of the kitchen window.

It was a little creepy at that time and deadly quiet whilst I was walking and wondering round the tower and rocks. Then I felt some rain.

I was ready to drive off as I noticed the sunrise.

I sat in the car shivering watching Digby, watching me, patiently waiting for me to get out of the car to throw stones.

When I do get out of the car he plonks himself right in front of me.
It is hard for me to take any photo. It is strange he has the empty beach yet he sits bang in front of me I throw a stone in the water which gives me all of 3-4 secs to take a photo then he is back lying down staring and waiting.

Well just a few rambling from a tiny period of my day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hi Tina
    Again great pictures - I think I stayed at archerondel too, my memory is failing me. Was it with seaton youth club? I remember glow worms and catching shrimps!
    LOL
    Caroline
    xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 19/11/09  

  • I know what you mean Caroline. It wasn't till I was down there that it vaguely popped into my memory somehow. Mr. G. hahaha

    By Blogger Tina, At 20/11/09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home