Tinas Little Corner

21 October 2008

Dwarf peach tree.

Dwarf peach tree Dwarf peach tree
Dwarf peach tree

The peach tree I ordered through the post arrived. This is late birthday present for Paul.

I have tried reading up about peach trees and I am more than a little confused.

I am not sure if this is what is known as a whip.

I have read some advice saying to cut to 24 - 30'' on receipt of tree?

If I look down the stem of the tree, it appears buds have been removed. My problem is, if I cut this to the reccommended 24-30'' will I get new buds on the stem to form the frame.



I think I will leave it and see how the top branches do. I need to get this through the winter without killing it totally.

The top does not look too healthy. It looks dead.

If anyone happens upon this post and can advise me, I would appreciate it.

Labels: , , ,