Tinas Little Corner

28 May 2009

Curly Kale

Curly Kale Curly Kale
Curly Kale Curly Kale
Curly kale

I have just picked some of this Curly Kale which I have never tasted.

Mary a friend of mine who's Irish said she would have this, traditionally on Halloween. The Kale would be shredded into mashed potato then gifts would be buried or hidden in the mash.

Well, there is no point growing it, if I am not going to eat it, so tonight is the night. What an exciting life I lead.

Basically reading on the Internet it seems you can saute in butter and oil for 3-4 Min's adding garlic if you wish.

For tea tonight Chris is cooking Our home grown new potatoes, lamb steak, peas and gravy for him and lamb steak potatoes and Curly Kale for me.
I only have four of these Kale plants growing. If I like it I am going to make some potato cakes with kale added and freeze them. Similar to a fish cake.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home