Tinas Little Corner

18 December 2011

The great American aran afghan







Sat up last night sewing in the last Square. I was defeated in the fact I repeated one of the blocks to complete the blanket.

I did try to do one of the squares knitted on circular needles and on doing 2" of it made a mistake when I took it off the needles I could see the square was far too big so left this one as going down to smaller needles would not of reduced size enough.

I then attempted another block which needed to be made in sections and was going strong on first section then second section defeated me from the pattern there were 4 that I was unable to knit.

The fish block was repeated as I has placed beige fish in bottom left hand corner I placed another fish in brown in the top  right corner.

Over all I am pretty pleased. There are things I would change if doing again such as the rows knitted arond each block to define squares. The border took 3 solid days to knit and 3 1/2 100gm balls of wool

The grafting of the end of border to beginning I may try and improve on.


Labels:

5 Comments:

  • looks awesome mum!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8/1/12  

  • Well done Tina, looks good. Bet you're glad it's finished! Dave

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12/1/12  

  • Thanks Lisa Thanks Dave
    Carina tried posting comments, they never came through nor did Kims.

    I'm glad they are both finished. I just need post photos of Dads blanket.

    then pick up my entry form :)

    By Blogger Tina, At 14/1/12  

  • Its Paul not Lisa! XX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 29/1/12  

  • Sorry Paul. Did you see the small blanket if you click on the heading Tinas little corner it should show the latest post I made.

    By Blogger Tina, At 2/2/12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home