Tinas Little Corner

2 June 2009

Dwarf duo apple tree

Since my previous post I've researched information on the Internet about thinning out these apples.

It will be hard to do.

Impatiently I have been waiting to see not only will I get apples, but how many. Now I have to throw them away!

I discovered, that the apples naturally thin out in May and June with a lot falling too the ground. After this, natural fall If I still have more than one or two apples per cluster, less than 6'' apart, I should thin to this amount and spacing manually.

Dwarf duo apple tree Dwarf apple tree
Dwarf duo apple tree

The above photos show the v shape of this duo variety tree.
The varieties will cross pollinate each other.

If i remember rightly one apple is red and one yellow.

Dwarf duo apple tree
Dwarf duo apple tree

Above although not very clear is the second variety with three small apples you may just, be able to make out.

Dwarf container apple tree
Dwarf duo apple tree

Late June I will be removing the smallest apples saving the largest usually centre apple of the cluster.

To prevent any stress due to the weight on this stem, I will move the container up close to my fence.

Dwarf apple tree
Dwarf duo apple tree

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home