Tinas Little Corner

7 November 2014

UPCYCLE 2 X WINGBACK CHAIRS

 
 
 Both chairs had cream nylon stretch loose covers on. The cream chair under the cover was not  in the same fabric as the pink chair and upholstered with a slight difference to the pink chair had under the seat cushion.

 
Starting with the pink chair. Cushion removed.
the front section the piece that goes between the front legs, looks pretty straight forward from my perspective. Stanley blade in hand onwards I go.

 
 This front arm  piece which is piped is the bit I want to get looking right.  


 
All the blogs I've read recommend taking photos as you go along. Presently the covers have been fully removed from  both chairs I'm debating what to do with the stuffing. Whether to replace with foam or to stay with what I have and add cotton batting etc. One of the chair backs is a bit flat. I have purchased some new hessian as some of the old stuff was worn and holey  due to the springs rubbing against the hessian.  A couple of the springs on the pink chair have come away as the u pins holding them in have snapped 
 
It took ages to remove all the staples it seemed as though there were thousands.  The thinnest flat head screwdriver I had, could not get under the staples due to them being put in with a pressured stapler they were so deep in the wood. I used a steak knife which had a nice pointed end and I was able to get under the staples and them tap the handle with a hammer and twist to loosen before pulling out with tiny pliers.  will post further updates later today ...

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home